||Fulbright Scholar Program
Fulbright Scholar Program
The Fulbright Scholar Program funds up to 12 months of lectureship, post-doctoral research, or a combination of the two at a U.S. college or university with one fully covered dependent. Persons selected are expected to share information about Pakistani society and culture with students, colleagues and community groups in the U.S. On returning to Pakistan, Fulbright scholars are expected to make a significant contribution to Pakistan's development and share their U.S. experiences with students, colleagues and community groups in Pakistan. The grant funds airfare, an incidental research allowance, a living stipend and health insurance. USEFP will assist with visa application process.
- Tentative Announcement: Summer
- Duration: Maximum of 12 months
- Grantees start work: Fall next year
Scholars, professionals and artists from all disciplines are welcome to apply, with the exception of clinical medicine. Every applicant must either hold Ph.D. or terminal degree in his/her field. Successful candidates will have an excellent command of written and spoken English. They will have a clear and well-formulated proposal about what they would like to accomplish in the U.S. and how it relates to their work in Pakistan. The proposal is the most important single portion of the application. People applying for the lectureship must have demonstrated ability to teach in a university setting.
- Persons who have completed their Ph.D. within the last two years or who have been to the U.S. for research or other long term educational opportunities within the last five years.
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or who have a spouse, fiancÃ©, parent or child over 18 year of age who is U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees and dependents of USEFP, or the U.S. Department of State.
- Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/residence visa in any country.
How to Apply
All application materials (original and one copy), including references, must be submitted to USEFP. Applications will be uploaded on the website as soon as the program is announced.
Institute of International Education (IIE)